HFN’s Antitrust and Competition department is an important component of the firm's practice. Talya Solomon, who heads the practice, has over 16 years of antitrust experience, inter alia as a team leader in the Israeli Antitrust Authority ("IAA"). The department has considerable experience advising major domestic and international companies on all types of antitrust and competition issues in Israel.
The department is particularly known for its international capabilities and for its ongoing cooperation with leading international law firms and other advisors in conducting reviews of antitrust issues. Legal services provided include:
- Representing clients before the IAA in a wide range of competition issues (including merger of companies, monopoly and dominant position issues and restraints of trade).
- Appearing before the Israel Antitrust Tribunal and Supreme Court in appeal proceedings under the Restrictive Trade Practices Law.
- Representing clients in civil lawsuits involving competition issues. This includes also antitrust class action lawsuits.
- Consultation during all stages of criminal proceedings under the Restrictive Trade Practices Law.
- Day-to-day advice including legal opinions regarding all competition law issues and implementing internal antitrust compliance programs within large entities.
- Advising in all aspects of the Law to Promote Competition in the Food Sector in Israel 2014 and Israel's Law to Promote Competition and Reduce Concentration.
- Representing before various authorities (for example, Tender Committee, Trade Levies) when competition issues arise.
The department is comprised of professionals who have impressive experience in the antitrust field.