The growing momentum in insurance technology raises complex and new issues of regulation, policy and technological standards. The Insurance-Tech practice which is part of HFN's Technology & Regulation department, advises startups, multi-national companies, mobile app and platform developers on the numerous regulatory, compliance and commercial matters concerning insurance regulation, privacy, online data protection and app-compliance.
The team has developed unique knowledge and experience with the applicable regulatory and technical considerations, enforcement actions and legislative trends which apply to various insurance technologies such as micro-insurance, fraud detection and prevention, peer-to-peer insurance services, data analysis and more. Our diversified regulatory and technological experience enables us to offer unique and practical solutions for often complex situations and to assist in the development, implementation and management of the most adequate procedures, thereby mitigating legal and business risks.
We provide our clients with a variety of services including:
- Compliance and strategic advice with regards to insurance technologies, applications and platforms;
- Practical guidelines addressing applicable policies and legislation concerning products, Ul flows and procedures;
- Compliance monitoring and checkups - review procedures and products of partners and partnerships, assist in monitoring the activity and providing advice on decreasing the applicable risks and responsibilities;
- Drafting and reviewing agreements with third parties, business partners and service providers;
- Assisting in policy discussions with regulators and legislators