HFN’s M&A department is one of the most diversified in Israel and is involved in a significant number of cross border transactions, particularly those involving the acquisition and disposition of Israeli companies by major North American, European and Asian investors.
The department’s work spans across all industries, including the banking and financial services sector, healthcare and medical devices, online gaming and e-commerce, Hi-Tech, insurance, real estate and construction, investments and the semiconductor sector. In addition, HFN has been the leading firm in the area of private equity.
The department represents acquirers, sellers, targets and financial institutions and offers comprehensive legal services including:
- Negotiating share and asset purchases; statutory mergers; reverse triangular mergers; exchange and cash tender offers; spin-offs; recapitalisations, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures and court approved arrangements among shareholders
- Conducting legal due diligence reviews and assisting selling companies in the preparation of due diligence disclosures
- Advising boards of directors on corporate governance issues
- Advising on the treatment of management and employee participation and incentive programs in M&A transactions
- Securing regulatory approvals and licenses
- Assisting in the preparation of registration statements and completing the appropriate filings for the Israeli Securities Authority
- Drafting and negotiating documents for financing transactions such as bank and convertible loan agreements