The Project Finance department is unique in its extensive experience advising all of the key players in project finance transactions, including the sponsors, concessionaires, lenders and public authorities. The Project Finance department has worked on some of Israel’s most significant infrastructure projects including the recently-completed Jerusalem Light Railway, Road 431 and the Cross Israel Highway (including the various extensions).
The department is involved in multiple energy and natural resources projects, such as desalination plants, solar power projects, wind farms, gas transmission and independent power plants. Most recently, the department advised the consortium of lenders in the Dorad Energy power plant financing, the largest independent power plant in Israel (for more information, see Energy and Natural Resources).
Consistently at the forefront of industry developments, HFN’s Project Finance department is actively involved in advising license-holders and operators on the recent natural gas discoveries in Israel’s territorial waters.
The Project Finance department advises in the following areas:
- Preparing and negotiating project agreements, including concession contracts, construction agreements, and operating and maintenance agreements
- Structuring, negotiating, and documenting financing agreements, including loan and credit facility agreements and security documents
- Advising on preparing pre-qualification submissions, tender documentation and bids to undertake projects
- Drafting consortium agreements among entrepreneurs
- Advising on environmental and regulatory compliance issues and assistance with obtaining the necessary approvals and permits
- Advice with respect to oil and gas agreements and regulatory issues