The Real Estate and Construction department has significant experience working with all of the key players in the industry, advising real estate entrepreneurs, developers, industrial and governmental companies, franchisees of national infrastructure projects, bodies in the agricultural and Hi-Tech sectors, and domestic and international private clients and companies.
The department specialises in:
• Legal support for all types of transactions – including those relating to: “combination” and joint venture-based transactions, sales, purchase and leasing transactions, purchasing groups and evacuations and demolitions
• Planning issues – advising clients in issues such as: the acquisition of land, conducting legal due diligence, advice regarding the expropriation of land and consequences of rezoning, town planning and urban development, municipal taxes and fees, registration and approvals
• Regulatory issues – providing legal advice, representation and mediation services concerning environmental issues related to the Israel Lands Administration and assisting in the establishment of compliance programs
• International real estate transactions – identifying appropriate foreign legal advisors on behalf of clients and coordinating with these advisors in purchasing overseas real estate rights, establishing projects and subsequent sales
• Financial aspects of transactions – including the obtaining or restructuring of loans, and other techniques for financing the acquisition of real estate and construction projects.
• Construction Litigation – representing clients in arbitration and litigation relating to tenders and construction disputes
Additionally, clients benefit from the integration of HFN’s core practice areas and more than 30 departments, which consult on various legal aspects of real estate and construction, such as environmental concerns, tax issues arising from complex transactions and litigation.